Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome to the Studium Magazine Blog

Greetings, all, and welcome.

My name's Dennis Nowicki and I'm the editor of this online hobby based magazine, or e-zine, rather. Studium is Latin for enthusiasm/study, which I felt was appropriate as the masthead for this endeavor.

This began in 1996 as a means of providing the then predominantly text based web with graphics and information related to the hobbies I dove into over the years. Each issue would cover three hobby topics along with an editorial. I was an active plastic model builder as well as a collector of coins and stamps...a somewhat nerdy explorer looking for like kind. I would collect something new, study it, then write an article about the field, both to inform and inspire. It's been a labor of love over the last dozen years, but it felt a bit limited. Thus, I decided, perhaps a bit foolishly with my limited time to expand the magazine to cover a particular topic thoroughly, including multimedia, games, references, links, podcasts, and a blog. The first new issue is done, dedicated to the Sherlock Holmes enthusiast. Additional issues are ahead, covering miniatures, Greek coins, meteorites and fossils, U.S. and world coins. It's a one-man show, so please be patient.

At any rate, I'm open for constructive remarks. Kindly avoid flaming as well as profanity. It's unnecessary and only creates animosity.

Cheers,

Dennis

No comments: